As the parts began to arrive I set to work. First order of business was the installation of the Painless auxiliary fuse block. The construction of it is quite nice - very solid and clearly water resistant (I don't know if they make a claim of water *proof* but it should certainly fend off spray coming in under the hood with no difficulties). The kit consists of the fuse block (with fuses), the attached relay, wires all connected and set in epoxy, a flexible cover to go over the fuse block, a circuit breaker to install in-line between the battery and the relay, and various connectors to hook up the wiring. The wires set into the fuse block and relay are about eight feet long - plenty to lay things out before cutting to length. The kit includes both spade and glass tube fuse adapters for attaching the ignition-hot lead from the Jeep's original fuse block (to control the relay for the ignition-hot fuses). One other thing to point out is the thoughtfulness of having each wire leading from the fuse block labeled. Great attention to detail.
One of the things I found in attaching the fuse block and relay is that the wiring emerges from the bottom of the assembly (where it is set in epoxy) in such a way that it really requires about an inch of clearance if one doesn't wish to forcibly bend the wires nearly flat. There are enough wires that this would make a bit of a mess - and some of those wires are of a heavy enough gauge that I didn't want to risk tearing them loose from their epoxied connections. The kit comes with two spacer blocks to address this - but they are only about one quarter inch thick. So I worked around this by creating two blocks about an inch thick out of some white oak I had sitting around. It'll be weather resistant (I use this stuff in building boats) and is certainly strong. Some two inch stainless screws running through the wheel well, the oak blocks and then held down with some lock washers and nuts holds the entire assembly quite securely. You can see the result below on the bottom left.